Over the past months, we have noticed an increasing number of unauthorised sellers of counterfeit Beco Baby Carrier products, in particular Beco Butterfly models which are no longer in production.
No warranty protection is offered with respect to counterfeit products.
WHAT IS COUNTERFEIT?
Definition: A counterfeit Beco Baby Carrier product is any imitation or fake product made with the intent to deceive you into believing it to be genuine Beco Baby Carrier product. Our goal is to help you to be aware of how to avoid purchasing counterfeit Beco Baby Carriers and products that are being sold to unsuspecting buyers as genuine Beco Baby Carrier products.
WHAT ARE THE RISKS OF BUYING COUNTERFEIT PRODUCTS?
When it comes to baby carriers or any other product, especially those claiming to be baby products, counterfeits could seriously endanger your baby or their health with inferior materials and workmanship. Consumer identities are often stolen and goods that were paid for are often not delivered. Counterfeiters have been connected to gang activity and terrorism, among other crimes. It’s criminal and buying these products fuels these indefensible practices.
Counterfeiters hurt legitimate business owners as well as the overall economy because they do not pay taxes nor do they provide fair wages or benefits to their employees. Counterfeiters are not accountable to human rights and environmental regulations. Counterfeiters don't adhere to child labour laws, anti-sweatshop laws, or restricted substances laws, putting both workers and the environment at risk. Fundamental human rights of workers employed by counterfeiters, such as basic safety and health precautions, are often compromised or entirely ignored, creating a work environment that is safe for no one.
PROTECT YOURSELF FROM COUTERFEITS
GENERAL PURCHASING GUIDELINES to Avoid Purchasing Beco Baby Carrier Counterfeits. The following are some guidelines to help you avoid counterfeits.
1. Purchase Only From Authorised Retailers, whether online or in-store. To ensure you purchase only genuine Beco Baby Carrier products, please remember that we maintain an official distribution network of Authorised Retailers and Authorised Online Retailers:
Beco Baby Carrier Official (US Head Office) Website:
• Beco Baby Carrier (US)
Beco Baby Carrier Official (UK/EU) Website:
• Beco Baby Carrier (UK/EU)
Beco Baby Carrier Authorized Retailers:
Beco Baby Carrier AMAZON (UK) Authorized Retailers:
•Slumber-Roo - EU Beco Distributor
•Babies & Kids
2. Be cautious when purchasing from street vendors, flea markets, and unauthorised retail locations or at "purse parties." Beco Baby Carrier genuine products are offered through official retail channels only. Unfortunately, Beco Baby Carrier Customer Service cannot verify, confirm, or assist your purchase through individuals in person or on sites such as eBay, Craigslist, or other online auction or trade boards, as we support purchases only through our Authorised Retailers. If you choose to purchase from non-authorised retailers or pre-loved/secondhand items, you are purchasing at your own risk, and those products are not valid for warranty or support.
3. Beware of products that seem flimsy or are obviously poorly made. We take great pride in providing the highest quality Beco Baby Carrier products. Quality control is often absent in counterfeiting operations, so you may be able to spot a counterfeit simply based on its workmanship.
4. Inspect the packaging carefully. Beco Baby Carrier takes great care in packaging our products. Counterfeiters often don't want to spend the time to reproduce every detail, so they'll likely leave some of this detail off. Beware of flimsy packaging, packaging with substandard printing or running colors, or packages that appear to have been opened, unless these are obvious demo or hire items. In addition, take a moment to actually read the package. Spelling or grammatical errors are common on the packaging for counterfeit goods. Beco Baby Carrier product labels and boxes have significant information printed on them, including bar codes, trademark and patent information and recycling symbols.
5. Match the packaging to the product. Does the packaging exactly match the product? Some careless counterfeiters will not provide the proper product aligned with the box. It may not be this obvious, so also check model numbers on the packaging against the model number of the Beco Baby Carrier.
6. Be vigilant when buying abroad. U.S. Customs officials have the authority to confiscate counterfeit products upon re-entry into the United States. While many international businesses offer unique products that may seem similar to legitimate Beco Baby Carrier products, in certain foreign markets counterfeit and pirated products are even more prevalent than in the United States. Also, when shopping on international websites, look for trusted vendors that use identifiable privacy and security safeguards and have legitimate addresses.
7. Trust your instincts. As always, beware of a purchase that is ”too good to be true.” If you are uncomfortable with the circumstances of your purchase—such as price, venue, lack of a sales receipt or warranty information, or, most importantly, a vendor’s unwillingness to answer simple questions about the source of the products for sale, use your common sense and walk away.
IF UNSURE, ALWAYS ASK THE SELER BEFORE COMMITTING TO THE PURCHASE
Products purchased through our authoriSed Internet or retail store distribution channels provide you with outstanding customer service, a 14-day trial period (for undamaged product returns) and warranty service and protections which may not be available when purchasing through unauthorised retailers. If you are in doubt, or have any concerns about any supplier, please contact Beco Baby Carrier UK.
FINALLY, if purchasing a pre-loved Beco, we would advise asking the seller for the original purchase receipt which should again verify if your Beco was sold by an authorised Beco Retailer.